PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

ONE WEEK TO GO!!! COMIC CON IS ALMSOT HERE!!!

 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ONE WEEK TO GO!!! Okay Jon, just calm down.  Yes, Comic Con IS next week, but there's still much to do and prep for.  It's best to just calm down and take it easy and let these pics from Comic Con 2014 settle my mind.  See?  I can be calm and collect.  Sometimes.  On occasion.  Alright, I'm just struggling to keep the excitement in right now!  Can you blame me?  The big day(s) are almost here!  Still, I got a job to do and must fulfill my commitments to my CRAZY friends!  Perhaps some info on this year's Web Comic Meet-Up will settle us all down for a bit?

 That's right!  Jimmy Purcell from Been Better Comic and I will be at it again and invite ALL web comic creators and fans to come join us for our annual gathering at Comic Con 2017!  As of this writing, we're still looking at a location but will likely just crash a place nearby like last year!  In all likelihood, it probably will be early Thursday evening due to it usually not being so busy as far as Con events are concerned.  Hopefully more info will be available next week and for up-to-the-minute updates, simply keep an eye on our Twitter handles (@JonsCrazyTweets and @beenbettercomic), no following needed!

And now, on with the show!  It's 2014's time to shine again, so strap on some craft foam armor and prepare to have fun!  Enjoy...

 The Toxic Avenger!  Can't speak for everyone, but this was the first time I've ever seen anyone cosplay as him!  Always love seeing obscure character cosplay!

 WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!!  It's Rick and... Velma?  Well, Time Warner owns both, so there's nothing legally stopping this crossover from ever actually happening!

 I'm curious.  Are there any Disney queens that AREN'T wicked?

 One of my idols, the great Tom Kenny!  I met him back in 2012 and he was just awesome!  Someday, I hope he'll get to voice some of the CRAZY characters!

 Bluntman and Chronic!  They missed most of Comic Con that year because they got high!

The Sharknado!  Never in my life have I ever seen a movie that thrived on being purposely bad!  If that ain't a great example of the American Dream, I don't know what is!  They also give out great swag in the Gaslamp Quarter!

The FX Zone with the Godzilla Experience in the background, just to the right of the Gotham Zipline!  I wouldn't have minded trying the zipline, despite my fear of heights, but the wait was well over eight hours everyday!  As far as the Godzilla Experience went, well...  It was better than the movie at least!

 OOOOOH YEAAAH!!!  MACHO MADNESS IS COMING AT YA!!!
Wrestling cosplay is also something I love seeing because it's just so out of left field for a comic con!  Very few ever think to actually do it!

 I forget what game this was from, but it was quite a sight to see, especially at night when it was all lit up!  Scared quite a few Hyatt guests as they made their way up to the Xbox Lounge!

 He-Man and She-Ra!  Getting ready to save con goers from the religious zealots across the street!

 The Sin City experience over at the Petco Park Interactive Zone!  The sequel wasn't much to write home about, but the setup they had was pretty cool!  A bunch of classic cars were on display while a DJ spun some old school tunes!

 The Alien video game set up!  We all got to sit inside of the giant egg and play the game while a monitor outside displayed the gamer getting terrified by the game's visuals!  I had a slightly different experience.  People weren't laughing at my fear.  They were laughing at my setting the bar VERY low for other gamers!  I suck at video games.  There's just no way to lightly put it.  Because of that, I was literally missing all of the scary points because I just couldn't figure out the controls!  Sadly, this wasn't the first time I suffered video game embarrassment just to claim some swag!

 The Xbox Lounge during its second year at the Hyatt.  No word yet on whether or not it'll be back this year.  Last year, they opted to sponsor the Nerd HQ instead.  But with no Nerd HQ this year, and Nintendo killing it on Switch sales and having their own free lounge, I can't see Microsoft ducking out in a year where they themselves plan to launch a console towards the holidays.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

This is about as close as I get to cosplaying!  From 2012 to 2014, Cartoon Network hosted Adventure Time scavenger hunts that netted those who completed them free bronze medallions celebrating the different characters of the show!  The final year, Lumpy Space Princess got the honors and as such, I brought all my medals with me for a celebratory pic in Lumpy Space!  It was lumpin' awesome yo!  With AT ending soon, hopefully Cartoon Network will give us one last hunt!

And that was the splendor of Comic Con 2014!  It was big on a few fronts for me.  I was lucky enough to be at the WWE/Mattel panel when Sting made his first ever WWE appearance!  Talk about history making?  I'd waited for that for over 20 years!  And to actually be there when it happened!  I got bragging rights for life y'all!  Also made it into Hall H for presently the last time for the famed Warner Bros. panel!  It started with with a big surprise as the first footage of Batman Vs. Superman was revealed!  It was pretty funny to see all the geeks who'd been trolling the movie online suddenly go fanboy when Batman and Superman stared each other down in front of the Bat Signal.  They exploded further when Gal Godot was brought out and announced as Wonder Woman! (This was before anyone knew just how much they were planning to cram into the movie!)  The true highlight of this panel though was moderator Chris Hardwick trolling a troll who tried to troll director George Miller over Mad Max: Fury Road.  If you ever meet me in person, ask me about the story.  It's much more fun to tell than write!

Anyway, that's all for now.  Next week, we'll be back for Comic Con 2015 and a run down of some of the free events available for those who don't have passes but still wanna have some SDCC fun!  I also hope to have more info on the web comic meet-up and some tips for a more enjoyable con experience!  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment