PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

THE CRAZY WONDERCON COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!  After a one year hiatus, the CRAZYVERSE is heading back to WonderCon in Anaheim!  So happy to be going back after taking a year off!  Even happier that the show is back in Anaheim and NOT during Easter weekend!  Hopefully that'll lead to a less crowded weekend than past years.  I'm not gonna be tabling this time as hotel costs are making affording a booth impossible, but that's okay.  Frankly, it's a lot of stress running a table at a big show.  And I'm still in fan mode.  It's tough to sit idle at a show like WonderCon!

For those that actually took the time to read every word of my last post, you're likely saying to yourself "Why did I read all of this?"  After pondering that for a second, your next question is likely "What about the art you promised this week?"  Well, that's gonna be postponed for a bit.  With all the excitement of the coming con, I just couldn't pass up the chance to take a trip down memory lane with all these past con pics!  So fear not, the art will return, but for now, we're going to the con!  Enjoy...

(Author's Note: In 2010 and 2011, WizardWorld produced the Anaheim Comic Con)

My bed at the Double Tree Hotel, prior to the ceremonial bed dive!  Goofy as it seems to post this pic, this was the first time I ever stayed at a hotel or been out of town on my own.  It was a pretty big step for me.  A step I'm thankful I took, as this show led me down a very fun path as a cartoonist!

A common site at cons these days, this would be my introduction to the R2 Builders Club!  I have no idea how these guys make these things work, but they're simply amazing! 

A young Clone Trooper takes a look at some of the Star Wars fan clubs!

The ORIGINAL Batmobile!  And yes folks, this was the real deal!

Sleeping Beauty woke up long enough to check out Anaheim's debut Comic Con!

I don't know what game this costume is from, but it's pretty cool!

This Predator was quite the looker!

Lady Deadpool!  It's amazing how popular Deadpool cosplay was that year, even after the disaster that was X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  Now that they've done a GOOD Deadpool movie, it's like nothing but Deadpool cosplay!

One of the numerous R2 units rolling around the exhibit hall took a tumble.  It's top popped off and went skidding across the floor!

I'm guessing he's either a Star Wars fan OC or from one of the novels, because I don't recall him from the movies!

Adam West...  The F'ing Man!

Count Mummenstein.  He's got flaws!

The exhibit hall had a small stage set up in it where strippers, er, dancers put on quick performances for con goers.  These dudes clearly liked what they saw!

You find some pretty interesting characters in the labyrinth that is the exhibit hall!

Who knew the Mad Hatter had a daughter?

Thus closes out WizardWorld 2010!  An insanely fun weekend that seems so long ago now!  One of the best weekends of my life really.  Met many new friends and even a few heroes!  Such a blast!

That's all for this week folks.  We'll be back next time with a look back at the final Wizard show in Anaheim in 2011.  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment