PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

'ELLO!!!

And we're back!  Hope y'all are having a wonderful 2017 so far.  We're only a few days in here, but it never hurts to ask!  Anyway, the Labyrinth love continues this week with a character who's only in one scene and yet for many, steals the whole movie!  So let's jump right in, shall we?  Enjoy...

"No, I said 'ELLO, but 'at's close enough!"  One of the best lines in the movie!  The Worm was such a funny character despite such a brief appearance.  Monty Python star Terry Jones wrote the film, and the older I got, the more I really picked up on just how many Python tropes made the cut!  The Worm is a good example of this but probably the most blatant examples of Python humor in Labyrinth are the Shaft of Hands, the Lying Door Guards and the Warning Statues.  Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Terry Gilliam had a small hand in this film too, although it's never been confirmed.  I really loved coloring this one.  The Goblin City itself is so dark and grungy and yet filled with so many brightly colored creatures!  It's a contrast that worked really well on screen.  Henson and artist Brian Froud had some great color schemes picked for the characters of Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal.  I can't stress enough how important colors can be to a film.  I'd go into more detail, but it's a lecture's-length topic for me!  Sadly, I can't recall doing any more Labyrinth art.  Either the themes were few or I was busy at work.  Perhaps down the road, I'll draw some other characters.

And that's all for now.  I'll be back next time with some bugs that really know how to get moving!  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment