PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2016 FROM THE CRAZYVERSE!!!

Happy Halloween my CRAZIES!!!  The Ragtags and Pepper are sure having a good time and I hope those of you who are still of trick-or-treating age will have one too come Halloween night!  Poor Sap, he drew pumpkin duty this year while Pepper is dressed as Mr. Blob, Clover is Nettika and Mooch is Picpak Dog!  What can I say?  Web Comics are loaded with great characters to dress up as!  Still, there's plenty of candy to be had!  Just make sure you get it from the right houses.  Otherwise, you could end up a mouse!  Don't believe me?  Read on and you'll see what I'm talking about...

The Witches, one of Roald Dahl's most unusual works of literature, which is really saying something, is the tale of a boy given chocolate by evil witches that turns kids into mice.  The book was adapted into a live action movie by Jim Henson in 1990 and was among the last projects the Muppet great lived to complete.  Dahl himself wasn't particularly fond of the film as it changed the downbeat ending into a happy one.  In his final years though, he did soften up to it a bit.  I've stated in the past that as great as his books are, they've rarely translated well into film and the big reason is because they are all quite dark for kids books.  Even Steven Spielberg couldn't make The BFG work this past summer, and that book is one of Dahl's more adaptable works.  Perhaps Tim Burton can take another crack someday.  I had a lot of fun working on this one, even if the art is a little grotesque by my style.  Hopefully no one will turn into a mouse from looking at it!

And that's all she wrote for October!  November is coming fast and will have all sorts of turkey-themed fun coming your way, so stay "Tooned!"  Until then, take care and I hope y'all have a fun, safe and spooky Halloween!  I'll catch y'all later and be sure to save me some Reese's Cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment