PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

OF COMIC CON AND THE LORAX...

And we're back!  You're no doubt saying "Hold on Jon!  Shouldn't you be talking about Comic Con 2016?"  Well, as you all know by now, I queue these posts up weeks in advance, so as of right now, SDCC 2016 hasn't even happened yet!  It could've been totally awesome or completely sucked.  I just don't know yet!  But, until next week rolls around, I can tie y'all over with a run down of last year's show.  That's not so bad, right?  But first, some art!  Enjoy...

He speaks for the trees!  This Lorax art concludes Kid Lit month with a fun nod to Dr. Seuss!  My brother actually met him when he was very young!  Had a lot of fun drawing this one.  Dr. Seuss  should've been a cartoonist.  He would've totally killed it at MAD Magazine!

And now, our look back at last year's Comic Con!  Enjoy...

My niece, Kristen, meets Steven Universe!  I actually ran into this guy months later at San Diego Comic Fest!  He was a very nice dude!  He's helped set up a few local shows in San Diego as it turns out!

Hero Corgis!  My pal Joie would squeal with joy if she saw these fuzzies in person! 

Even the trolley's are a blast during Comic Con! 

It takes a real man to wear high heels! 

A lotta fun to be had at the FREE Petco Park Interactive Zone, like this impromptu cosplay contest with some pretty good costumes! 

The INSANE march from Hall H to the Pop's Site where those lucky enough to get into the Star Wars panel were treated to an exclusive concert by the San Diego Symphony!  I watched it from the steps behind the convention center!

The Adult Swim Carnival!  Another great freebie if you didn't have passes! 

The Xbox Lounge!  Some truly cool things were in store for us that year!  Most fun was the Mortal Kombat X tournaments which pitted players at the lounge not only against each other, but against players from around the country as well, all on stage!  And to think of all the riots the original game caused at my local arcade! 

NEE!!! 

GREATEST COSPLAY EVER!!! 

Thor takes some much needed advice about improving his relationship with Loki from Master Splinter. 

The Scream Queens drop ride at the Petco Park Interactive Zone!  Me and the kids went on it and did in fact scream!  Even funnier, this ride was at the San Diego County Fair not even a week earlier!

So much for not having any strings to hold him down! 

I think we're in BIG trouble here! 

Good thing this guy was here!  The exhibit hall was a real mess by the time Comic Con ended!

And there you have it!  Another fun year at Comic Con in 2015!  That show was a bit of a milestone for me.  After 13 years as a stagehand, I finally got to set up the LED wall for the Lucasfilm booth!  Was a huge deal for me and I still get misty-eyed thinking about it!

Well folks, that's all she wrote for the month of July!  I'll be back next time with a full report on Comic Con 2016 and to kick off Roald Dahl month with new art saluting one of my favorite books, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment