PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

EVERY LITTLE THING SHE DOES IS MAGIC!!!

Welcome back CRAZIES!  I heard through the grapevine y'all have been really good this week, so I shall reward you with art!  CRAZY art!  OK, I know y'all wanted pizza but cut me some slack!  The books aren't selling so I got no cash!  Anyway, enjoy some creativeness…

Today we have Matilda getting the CRAZY treatment!  This was another book that lead to a rather uninspired film adaptation.  In general, most of Dahl's books haven't translated well into feature films.  Part of the problem is, well, they tend to be quite dark, especially for kids books.  Movie studios prefer that their kids movies not be so dark, especially when the humor is very slapstick, much like Dahl's was.  This often leads to conflicts between writers and studio heads that's ultimately gonna be won be the studio because they pull the strings.  And now you all know why so many independent films are getting more traction.  Beyond that, this one was fun to draw, especially tossing the newt on Ms. Trunchbull.  Newts make everything better!

Anyway, that's all for now.  I'll be at Long Beach Comic Con this weekend, walking around and chilling with pals, so say high if you see me!  Next week, something BIG is coming to the CRAZYVERSE, so be ready!  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment