PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

OF MUSHROOMS AND MONSTERS...

Howdy folks!  The big family Disneyland trip was a HUGE success!  So much fun and good times with my brother, sister-in-law, cousins, niece and nephews... I didn't want it to end!  I felt like a kid again I did.  Oh well.  Nothing lasts forever I'm afraid.  We'll just have to have even MORE fun next time we do it! 

Well folks, Mushrooms is back after a one week hiatus and it's time for some more Rock puns!  Enjoy..

 So much fun drawing this one!  Some bands just make it too easy.  If only my real garden were like that.  And those spin gags are such a pain to draw, but you can't deny the effectiveness!  And I don't care what anybody says; Sega Genesis was THE best console ever!  And had Alice actually existed, she probably would've been chained up for being crazy! (Society was far crueler back then)  And by the way, I am TOTALLY aware that Gallagher smashes watermelons!  I decided to take some creative license here so cut me some slack!  The third panel is by far my favorite as it gave Mike and Mindy a chance to hang out with some of their Web Comic Pals!  Clockwise from the top: Weird Kid (Dawn Griffin's Z&F); Chris (Lunarbaboon's Lunarbaboon); Dougie, Keith and Wayne (Joshua Hauke's Brothers Three); Austin (Austin Verburg's Austin's Inferno); Gully (Warren Frantz's Off Season); Dave (DA Schubert's By the Fingernails); and of course Zombie Boy (Mark Stokes' Zombie Boy)!  All these comics are well worth reading!  Click those links now!

We end our post on a sad note this week as visual effects pioneer Ray Harryhausen passed away recently.  Were it not for this man, there'd be no Star Wars, no Terminator, no Avatar, Indiana Jones, Matrix, E.T....  I could go on for hours here.  He MADE the special effects industry.  He also did it without computers, making his work even more amazing.  Granted, stop motion animation has its limits, but Ray always put everything into his work.  At times, the acting of his creatures was even better than the actual actors in the film!  He was a true inspiration not only to me, but millions of people the World over.  One of the greatest joys of my life was meeting Ray at the San Diego Comic Con 2007.  He was most gracious, answering all my questions, signing my book and even posing for a picture.  It's a moment I'll cherish for as long as I live.  

Thank you Mr. Harryhausen.  Thank you for your art, for your time, for your dedication and for letting a little boy believe that monsters could be real.  You were one of a kind.

That's all for now folks.  I'll be back next time with some great Mike and Mindy Fan Art from some young fans.  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all next time!

2 comments:

  1. This rocks, Jon! I especially love Genesis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see that familiar blue face in this melodic Mushrooms strip, Jon! Thanks for the..er..cameo!

    ReplyDelete