PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 IS AT AN END. CELEBRATE WITH THE CRAZY MVP'S!!!

Well, 2012 has come to an end.  And we're all still here!  So I thought we'd all celebrate the coming year, as well as the end of the Christmas Overload, by showcasing the MVP's of the first three CRAZY CARTOON EXPERIMENTS!

The criteria for judging was simple: Whoever got the most buzz got the accolades!  I picked the winners based off of the feedback I received.  And after much deliberation and studying, I can say without question that these lucky few stood out among others.  So with no further delay, I present the MVP's!

CRAZY CARTOON EXPERIMENT MVP: CAANAN GRALL, Creator Max Overacts
THEME: HELIUM-FILLED DOG FLOATING PRECARIOUSLY CLOSE TO A CACTUS
  
This piece was hands down the most popular among fellow CCE participants and CRAZYVERSE faithful!  None of us could get over the awesome angle and perspective he depicted his puffed pooch at!  I freely admit to being jealous after seeing this and pray to be at Caanan's level someday!  Congrats buddy!

I should note that honorable mentions go to Kim Belding, Alex Callard, Shawn Granger and Austin Verburg as their entries were very popular as well.  Be proud fellas!  You helped make this experiment a success!

CRAZY CARTOON EXPERIMENT 2 MVP: JASON PLATT, Creator Mister And Me
THEME: THE GREAT PUMPKIN 

The CCE2 had many great entries, but none nailed it better than this heart-warmer that made everybody who saw it misty-eyed.  I knew when I got this one that Jason had stolen the show, and every other participant agreed with me!  So congrats to the jack of all trades from the Great White North!  You're the only unanimous MVP!

CRAZY CHRISTMAS EXPERIMENT MVP: TIE! TIM GREEN, Creator Vinnie The Vampire, and Simon McLaren, Creator Bullet Paw
THEME: WHAT IF FROSTY THE SNOWMAN WERE REAL?

That's right!  We had two!  The feedback was far too close to determine a clear winner, so the MVP award will simply have to be shared this time around!  Tim's hysterical piece revealing the likely response to a living snowman had many cracking up!  Some comics you just know are special the moment you read 'em, and this is certainly one of them!  Congrats on job well done Tim!

I really didn't think anybody could top Tim's piece, buy my English pal, Simon McLaren certainly made a good case!  The last panel especially just killed me!  Many others loved this strip, as I got a TON of great feedback on Twitter about it!  When it came right down to it, both strips were amazing and unbelievably funny.  So Simon also gets MVP honors!  Congrats!

And now, because the year is through, let's end this sucker on a high note!  I'll let Dee Snider take it from here!


What more can really be said here?  This video is Ass Kicking amplified to 11!

Well, so ends another year.  All in all, 2012 was pretty good.  Many highs and, of course, a few lows.  But still, I'm thankful to be alive, I'm thankful to have a job and thankful to have garnered an audience! Creatively speaking, I made huge strides this year.  I got my book out, exhibited at two conventions, did some guest strips for other artists and made many new friends in the cartooning community!  And although things in my professional life haven't been as smooth as I'd like, I did make Journeyman this year, becoming among the youngest to ever do so in my Local.  And I got to be on stage with Peter Gabriel!  If I died right now, I'd at least feel somewhat fulfilled!  So goodbye 2012.  May your Doomsday hype be laughed at someday!

That'll do it for this year folks!  I'll be back in 2013, kicking the new year off with an all new adventure from Mike And Mindy as they begin a Five-Part epic that showcases their toughest challenge yet: GETTING TO SCHOOL ON TIME!  There will also be a new Mushrooms that may leave you in a "Sticky" situation!  So take care and have a safe and Happy New Year!  And try not to party TOO hard out there!  See y'all in '13!

No comments:

Post a Comment