PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, January 12, 2012

WHAT'S IN THE BAG?

Hey folks! It's been a wild couple of days here at the crazyverse! The flooring in my house is getting torn up to make way for new tile, so my home is in shambles right now! I'm also gearing up to get the proof copy made for my first collected volume of Mike and Mindy and Mushrooms comics. And as if that weren't crazy enough, last night, I got the shock of my life when I learned that Doug TenNapel (Earthworm Jim, Gear) became one of my twitter followers! I greatly appreciate anyone that follows me on twitter or checks out my blog. But when a real legend checks out your stuff, and decides to follow it, man that's a high that no drug on Earth can match. I'm still stunned about it. I only hope Mr. TenNapel enjoys my work as much as I enjoy his. I still consider Earthworm Jim to be the greatest video game ever! And the Earthworm Jim cartoon was one of the funniest I've ever seen. So, thanks again Mr. TenNapel!

Well, it's wrestling week here at the Stuff, and with the Royal Rumble coming up, I thought I'd present one of the funniest moments from the Rumble's past...

Jake Roberts had many snakes during his run, but this was the only time I can recall him using an anaconda in the ring! Given the way everybody bolted, including 500lb. Mabel diving through the ropes, I get the impression those dudes were legitimately scared! Hey, at least he didn't bring a cobra this time. This was back at the 1996 Royal Rumble, which was a pretty good show, given that it came at a rather tumultuous time for the WWF. Scott Hall had just signed with WCW, with Kevin Nash eventually following suit, and tensions were just starting to mount backstage between champion Bret Hart and future champion Shawn Michaels. Still, the show went off well, with Goldust beating Hall (Razor Ramon) for the Intercontinental Title, Hart beating the Undertaker to retain the World Title and Michaels winning the Royal Rumble by last eliminating Kevin Nash (Diesel).

Before I end it today, I'd like to thank Tim, Grace and Cate over at 5 Minute Marvels. If you haven't heard of this site yet, you must check it out. The premise is simple, but great: take five minutes out of your day and draw with your kids! It not only pushes bonding, but the importance of art. Recently, they did a post to celebrate the 39th anniversary of School House Rock, of which I contributed a piece depicting "the Bill." It's a quick little sketch, but I had a lot of fun doing it and it's up at their site right now. To see it, click the link above and be sure to check out the rest of their wonderful site. Hopefully, more people will continue to discover the beauty that is cartooning.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back next time with some more inspired lunacy! Until then, take care, and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment