PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, November 3, 2011

MIKE AND MINDY: MIND BLOWING!!!

Well, I'm back from an awesome trip to Long Beach and ready to share my experiences. It's also the first week of the month, which means only one thing: COMICS WEEK! So here they are, comics' answer to Fred and Ethel, Mike and Mindy!

Well, that's one way to "expand" your horizons. I guess nobody can accuse Mindy of not having a "well-rounded" personality!


That's right folks. In the Crazyverse, anything goes!

These are a couple of quick sketches I did during the weekend in Long Beach.


I did this quick little sketchcard for Dave Castr over at Taco Comics. I have two more cards that I gotta do for him, so I better get going on that!


I did this sketch in my hotel room during a fit of boredom. The Hilton's a nice hotel and all, but the seriously need to get more channels. I must've watched that Welcome to Los Angeles promo video ten times!

And now, it's time for some new additions to my guest gallery!


First up, this insane piece by Bordin Mark Marsinkul. He really got the spirit of Mike and Mindy down perfectly. More of his work can be found at www.hyperbooster.com.


Next up, this incredibly realistic portrait of Mindy by illustrator Ashleigh Popplewell. Could you imagine Mike and Mindy pulling some of their stunts drawn in this style? More of Ashleigh's work can be found at ashleigh-michelle.deviantart.com.


This awesome Mike portrait was done by Beth Sotelo. I love her style. Somehow, Mike looks so natural with a marshmallow head! Check out Beth's site at www.BethSotelo.com.


This last piece was done by Cuddly Capes, giving Mike and Mindy an Adventure Time flair. Come on folks, say it with me: What time is it? For more of Cuddly Capes designs, check out cuddlycapes.deviantart.com.

And now, for some pics from the Long Beach Comic and Horror Con!


This wasn't a huge show, but it was a lot of fun, and I found some great books and toys!


Silent Bob makin' the rounds.


Quailman and Deadpool Ash! I swear this world would be a much better place if there was more Doug cosplay!


What's left of the National Wrestling Alliance had a ring set up and put on a couple of matches even. Believe me, these guys won't be showing up on RAW or Impact! anytime soon.


Speaking of wrestling, a couple of dudes decided to pay their respects to a recently departed icon during the weekend.


OOOOOOOOH YEAH! SNAP INTO A SLIMJIM!


This guy asked me to deliver a message to the world, but this is a family site, so I had to decline.


A convention first, DILBERT COSPLAY!


Another convention first: MARRIED WITH CHILDREN COSPLAY! Party on Al and Peg! Party on!


Jedi Big Boy! Why wasn't he in the prequels?

The Long Beach Con was a lot of fun. I made many new friends and got a ton of great feedback. So much so that I have finally decided to cave in to peer pressure and start showing at conventions. For sure I'll be at Long Beach next year. I just sent in my application for Wondercon. It's a bit late, but hopefully I'll get in in time. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again to all the great artists and attendees that made this show a memorable one, including the 5,000 or so folks that showed up for the "ZOMBIE WALK"! I would also like to thank Martha Donato for getting me my pro badge and to Sheika Lugtu at OMGcow.com for the kind words and encouragement that she gave me. It was a great time, and I'll see everybody next year!

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back next time with a new wrestling post, as well as my thoughts on some recent events involving the wrestling world. Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I found you! Have a scan for you if you want it. Also gave you a shout out here http://tacocomics.wordpress.com/ Thanks again Man.

    ReplyDelete