PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Saturday, August 27, 2011

INSPIRATIONAL AND MUPPETATIONAL!!!

I have long been a fan of all things Muppet-related, and this new video by OK Go certainly gets me excited about the future of the Muppets.

It's been a tough couple of decades for the Muppets since Jim Henson passed away in 1990. Henson was far more than just the creator of the Muppets, he was the life force. When he died, the zaniness and spontaneity that was the Muppets went along with him. Certainly, many have tried to carry the torch since then, but nobody has ever been able to match Henson's wit and creativity (Not that anybody ever could). That's not to say that things can't get better. Disney floundered for a long time after Walt Disney's death in 1966, and roughly 20 years later, they started turning out good movies again. This video, along with the new Muppet movie coming out in the fall, show a ton of promise. I've been impressed with what I've seen thus far, and not just because it's funny, but because it seems people finally quit asking "What would Jim do?" and started asking "What would the Muppets do?". Of course, the movie hasn't come out yet, but if it's anything like this music video, then I think we're in for a lot of fun this fall.

You know, every time I start to think that music videos are a dead art form, these dudes come along and keep 'em on life support a little while longer. If only there were more artists like OK Go, and if only MTV would pull their heads out of their butts and play music videos again!

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back next time with an all new Mike and Mindy as well as a new Mushrooms. I'll also have some new sketches for the Guest Gallery. I'm talking an all new "new" here! So tune in next time, and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment