PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Friday, July 1, 2011

COMICS WEEK, JUST IN TIME FOR COMIC CON!!!

Ah, we are now less than three weeks away from Comic Con. This year's show should be a good one. The big rumor right now is that in addition to the giant Hall H theater, Hall A is going to be turned into a giant 3D Theater. Most casual fans are no doubt thrilled to hear about this news. For us Con veterans, however, it means something a little more grim: some small press and indie creators are going to be assed out of this year's convention. As much as I love Comic Con, I really miss the days when it wasn't so giant. Back in the days when I could just head on over to the Convention Center after 4:00pm and get in for $10.00! Yes, things have changed quite a bit, but that's life. Hopefully when the Convention Center gets expanded, things will ease up in a couple of years. Still, I'm looking forward to this year's Con, and I can't wait for it to start.

Well, it's the first weekend of the month, and as anybody who is even remotely familiar with this site knows, it's time for some comics! So enjoy!


Sheesh! I don't care if they are good for the heart, beans have no business being brought on camping trips. And for any kids reading this right now, yes, farts are flammable. With that said, please don't try it at home. Instead, let your dumb friend who'll do anything on a dare try it at the next sleepover.


I must say, this may be the most personal cartoon I've ever done. I've been witness and/or victim to every crime committed in the comic above. With the last two panels being especially irritating. I know the dude who sold me that DVD will be at this year's Con, and I'm tempted to chuck it at him. As, for the last panel, my friends and I actually have a pact: NO MEXICAN FOOD OR EGGS DURING COMIC CON!!!

And now, to help ease the wait for Comic Con 2011, I thought it would be nice to take trip down memory lane and visit Comic Con 2008. Mr. Peabody and Sherman have already set the Wayback, so lets hop in and enjoy!


Ah, what would Comic Con be without girls dressed as Sailor Scouts? And a cute girl doing it for a change! (It's rare folks!)


"ED NORTON NOT PLAYING ME IN AVENGERS MAKE HULK MAD!!!!!"


Check it out, it's Tron Dude!


Kato makes an appearance, at a time when people were actually excited about the forth coming Green Hornet movie. If only we had known just how crappy that movie would wind up being.


That's FORMER TNA star Mick Foley signing autographs. Meeting him was kind of a let down the first time around. He had a bit of a diva attitude and threw a fit when he found out that he had to sign the souvenir book for free. Last year, however, I ran into him at the Mattel booth, and he was completely different. Nice, cordial, I actually started liking him again. Perhaps on that day back in 2008, the Hardcore Legend was just having a bad day. (No fellow wrestling fans, I'm not trying to make any puns here.)


Robert Rodriguez: Genius or Overrated? You make the call.


Fat Cylon, the second cousin of "Portly" Paul!


Isn't that sweet! Some father/son/clone bonding going on at Comic Con!


IT'S ASH! AND HE"S HERE TO KICK ASS!


Without question, the most insane Joker costume ever. It was a nice escape from all the "trench coat" Jokers that showed up in response to The Dark Knight, which had been released the previous week.


The Power is Yours!


I don't know what this dude was thinking, but you gotta admire somebody that would willingly wear a costume of heavy fur in 97 degree weather. (It don't matter how high they crank the AC in that building. When you got 135,000 people crammed in there, it gets hot!)


Meet the newest member of the Batman family: Batbum!


Would ya look at that? It's a major award!


Straight outa Druggachusettes, it's Super Hippie!


The Queen was there to honor the King (Stan Winston, who had passed away a month earlier).


Ninja Turtles at the Tin Fish?! Only during Comic Con!


So that's what happened to Dale Torborg! (The KISS Demon in WCW for those who don't know, remember or even care!)


Those are two girls, believe it or not, and no, they weren't kids. They were just really freakin' short! Oddly enough, there has actually been a lot of Edward Scissorhands cosplay since then.


Another Con tradition, Riki sneaking into the Batcycle exhibit!


There's tons to do. Four days, sadly, just ain't enough time.

Well, that all for this week, but before I go, I have one thing to address. I've gotten a lot of questions about CM Punk's tirade at the end of RAW the other night. Most people want to know whether it was a shoot (unplanned) or a work (planned). Although his mic was cut and the show ended abruptly, that fact that it went on as long as it did tells me it was all a work. The fact that they're working his contract into the angle tells me this whole thing is just part of the show. In all likelihood, CM Punk is probably just going to take some time off. The fact that he's created such a huge buzz and has people questioning the "real/fake" aspect of pro wrestling is a sign of just how talented the man really is. And whether it was a shoot or not, as a mark I gotta admit, I agreed with a lot of the things he said about the state of the industry.

Anyway, that's all for now. I do hope everybody enjoyed the comics and pictures. Next week, we'll visit Comic Con 2009 and have a little more fun. In the meantime, take care, have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend and seriously kids, don't light your farts on fire! Until next time, I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment